Saturday, January 1, 2011

Inspiration Board

Happy 2011!

The first project of the new year is nothing spectacular, but very important to me as a crafter. It can be difficult to keep track of everything I have swimming around in my head so I have to have a central place to organize it all! Inspiration boards also double as a functional piece of art. Mine really helps to brighten up the space, because like many of my favorite things, it is very colorful.

(Sorry for the grainy pictures. A stormy afternoon does not make for good photo opportunities in the already dim Nook.)

042

There are a lot of ways to do an inspiration board, but I had a corkboard so mine is simply done with thumbtacks. I started with several scrapbook papers from a pack I’m using the heck out of right now. You’ll see other papers from this set several times in different Nook projects.

043

This little graphic was whipped up in about ten minutes, just for fun.

044

A doll I’m working towards (who is also a character in a writing project) and some dragon anatomy references.

045

Beautiful cardinals on a blue and snowy backdrop, originally a Pottery Barn duvet cover, and a Sweet Lolita dress I’d like to recreate in doll-size.

046

And finally, a couple of well-organized office spaces to help me stay on track as the Nook gets underway!

As you can see I have room for a lot more inspiration, I’m just waiting for it to find me. What will inspire you this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to My Nerdy Nook! Thanks for the visit and I appreciate the comments!