Monday, April 11, 2011

Amigurumi Tea Cakes

I went all-out on my daughter’s Easter basket this year. She is finally old enough to get excited about gifts and new toys! I bought a cute little tea set, but no tea party is complete without delicate little snacks, so I crocheted up some precious cakes from acrylic yarn I already had in my stash. All four of them were finished in two days.


AmiSide


AmiTop


The shortcake with three strawberries was made from a pattern by Norma Lynn Hood, except that I closed the bottom since I was stuffing the cake instead of inserting a sachet. I made the bodies of the other three cakes from the same pattern with embellishments of my own creation.


The offspring LOVES them, so I don’t think they’re making it into the Easter basket, but they will still go wonderfully with her tea set.


blogstamp

3 comments:

  1. super cute! My 3 year old just announced she needs some cute cupcakes like these. I hope yours enjoys them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, these are adorable! I wish I knew how to crochet, I would so make these.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to My Nerdy Nook! Thanks for the visit and I appreciate the comments!